Only the entrance gate with figures of sphinxes and a fragment of the coat of arms of the Commonwealth have been preserved from the authentic baroque palace.
A “silent” session of the Sejm was held here on the night of September 24,1793 in which the act of the Second Partition of Poland was passed, and November 25, 1795 saw the abdication of the last king of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth Stanisław August Poniatowski.
The Grodno Committee of the Communist Party of Belarus was located here in the second half of the twentieth century.
Today palace is currently occupied by the regional library named after Y.F. Karskiy – a Belarusian scientist, and the central building and the left ,yjng is now the Grodno State Museum of History and Archaeology.
A commemorative token to the rebels of Tadeusz Kościuszko in 1794 (by the sculptor V. Panteleev) has been placed on the wall of the New Castle.
При использовании материалов сайта обязательна прямая ссылка на grodno-best.info