The name of the town of Ivey comes from the local river called lvyanka. The town is located at the crossroads of highways leading to Minsk, Lida and Novogrudok. In the middle of the town there is a square that used to be populated by Jewish families. Some of Jewish homes survived to the present day. Close to the square there is a synagogue that was built in the 19th century.
Ivya was first mentioned in chronicles in 1444 as a private estate that belonged to local nobleman Peter Montigerdovich, the founder of the first Roman Catholic cathedral in the area. Later the town changed several owner and became home of the first school of Protestantism in the Gran Duchy of Lithuania.
Since the 16th century Ivye had had a powerful Tartar community. A wooden mosque was built here in 1884 (minaret added in 1922).
Once you visit Golshany, you will never forget this village. Its ancient castle is world famous for ghosts that scare local residents and visitors. Belarusian writer Vladimir Korotkevich even dedicated a detective novel to the mysterious village and its major secret (“The Black Castle of Golshany”).
St Peter and Paul’s Cathedral was founded in Ivye in the 15th century. A bernardine monastery opened under the auspices of the cathedral in 1631 (closed in 1858). In 1656 the cathedral burnt down, and in 1787 it was restored. Later it was abandoned and revived again in the late 20th century due to the financial support of the parish.
22, 50 Let Oktyabrya St., tel. (801595) 22224
Ivye District Rasolishki village, tel. (801595) 31327
Mostki village, Minsk-Grodno highway, 137th
Ivye bus terminal Peski SL, tel. (801595) 22333
Ivye District Gavya village, tel.(801595) 33242
Na Skryzhavanni cafe
M 6 Minsk-Grodno highway, turn to Ivye, tel (801595) 21966
Ivye, 11, Komsomolskaya Square
Staraya Melnitsa bar
Ivye, Karl Marx SL, tel. (801595) 21494
Rodny Kut cafe
Ivye, 50 Let Oktyabrya SL
Ivye, 12, Komsomolskaya St., tel. (801595) 26209
При использовании материалов сайта обязательна прямая ссылка на grodno-best.info