Grodno zoo – the first in Belarus. It was founded in 1927 by members of the Nature lover society headed by Jan Kochanowski, a teacher in the A. Mickiewicz gymnasium. Initially cages with animals and birds were placed in the city park.
In September 1929 the territory of the former cycle track was allocated to the zoo at Stanislavovskaya street by the city authorities and the necessary funds were appropriated.
After the war the authorities decided to reopen the zoo. The fundamental reconstruction of the zoo was completed in 2011. The zoo looked completely different after the reconstruction had been finished.
При использовании материалов сайта обязательна прямая ссылка на grodno-best.info